Friday, February 1, 2013

Praying with President Obama

National Cathedral


BONJOUR LOVES & HAPPY BLACK HISTORY MONTH!


Isn't the architecture of the National Cathedral absolutely STUNNING!!!?  Well I think it is, and I was amazed at its beauty when I first saw it.  I LOVE anything that's artistically yummy, even cathedrals and great architecture!  It was here that the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. gave his last Sunday sermon on March 31, 1968 just a few days before being assassinated.  His memorial service was held here as well.

(Link to Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech held at the National Cathedral: "Remaining Awake Through a Great Revolution")


Photo by: Clarissa Horton

I wanted to share with you some more pictures from my trip to D.C.  On January 22nd, 2013 I was blessed with the opportunity to not only serve my country, but to worship and pray with our President and Vice President at the 57th Presidential Inaugural Prayer Service.  This was such a moving experience for me.  The prayer service was absolutely beautiful.  I loved the fact that religious leaders of different faiths was under one roof representing their religion.  Unity, peace, and respect is what we need in our country and the world today.


Photo by: Clarissa Horton

The sermon was inspiring.  I loved many points that the preacher made:

  • "Obama has the ability to cast a vision and inspire people." (MY FAVORITE LOL!)
  • "God raises people who are humble."
  • "To be a leader invites criticism."

Being someone who used to sing in a choir in high school I enjoyed the beautiful harmonies of the youth choirs that sang in the service.  I was AMAZED at their voices and vocal control.  The Washington Performing Arts Society Children of the Gospel Choir MOVED me!  When they sang "Way over in Beulah Lan' Even Me" I could have cried.


But beyond the Service I LOVED being around people both young and old fired up to dedicate their time to service our country.  Until next time...


Love,

Clarissa Horton
www.clarissahorton.com






No comments:

Post a Comment