Thursday, October 29, 2009

Gouache Leaf Study


Gouache
on Watercolor Paper
,
Study,
2009

This is a small painting of the elephant ear plant. I did this yesterday for my Painting Process class. This was the first time that I ever made a painting using the medium gouache. I secretly have a fear of painting with different mediums other than oil because that's what I know best, and that's what I'm good at doing. After finishing this painting I fell in love with gouache, and I feel the need to use it more. I want to make more small paintings of plants for my thesis because I'm using a lot of nature landscapes in my series. I like gouache because I can blend my colors like with oil paint. I'm really surprised about pulling this painting off. My teacher liked it, and so do I.

www.clarissahorton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment