Thursday, October 29, 2009

1st Painting of Thesis


Oil on Canvas, 2009

This is the first painting for my senior thesis. It's about love and pain. My paintings for this series aren't about any one particular guy. I say this because I get asked that a lot, but this series is on just how loving someone can make anyone feel.

I've decided to let this series consist mainly of self portraits. I want to express myself in this series as a sort of spiritual journey; these paintings will be my journal entries.

Aesthetically, I've tried a lot of new techniques and discovered more about myself as a painter. I created a lot of flat vs. 3D areas, smooth vs. textured, and I even left some areas of the painting unfinished where the under painting is showing through. I want to continue these techniques further in my body of work.

www.clarissahorton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment