Saturday, June 25, 2011

"Moonlight Anastasia"


 Moonlight Anastasia

This is a film that I made by hand on 16mm film. When I say "by hand" I mean that I did this without the use of a camera.  The techniques that I used to create this film is something that was new to me.  I used a variety of different elements, such as bleaching, scratching, painting, collage, etc.  This project was time consuming because I had to make precise marks by hand in each individual frame.  It takes 24 frames to make a second, so image how tedious that was.  The theme of this this film is one dealing with childhood memories.   Unlike my normal process that I use when I paint, most of the images that you see were not preplanned, but instead I made them based on instincts, energy, and color.  Enjoy!


A picture of the 16mm film that I used to
make this film.

www.clarissahorton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment