Sunday, November 15, 2009

Going Deeper




So far my paintings consist of one figure on the canvas in the system of portrait painting, but now I want the rest of my series to be less about the portrait and more about the narrative. To do this I'm going to paint on larger canvases. I've gotten a lot of critiques from Fine Art teachers at my school who have evaluated my work, at Pratt Institute, suggesting that I paint on larger canvases. This will give me more room to express my imagery. Due to the fact that I like to paint the figure a little larger than life size, larger canvases will allow me to put more of the figure on it. This also helps me to add more than one figure on the canvas, which is my intended goal for the rest on my series.



www.clarissahorton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment